We’ve been doing the bulk cook strategy for a couple of months now. It’s saving me! Saturday nights we put the toddler and the baby to bed crack out the wine, cheese and spotify while we prep food for the week. (we make bigger serves so we can add to our collection of frozen meals).
Hardest thing I found was finding vegetarian recipes and selecting a variety of flavours and textures that would freeze well.
So here are my favourite picks so far!
Dinner recipes that freeze well:
- Also risotto and paella freezes well just add more stock before freezing.
- Serve with goats cheese and cashews. http://bbritnell.com/butternut-squash-pasta-sauce/
- Serve with ravoli http://www.primaverakitchen.com/how-to-make-basic-tomato-sauce/
Yellow curry paste
- bulk make the paste or make curry with coconut milk, sweet potato, broccoli, red capsicum and fried paneer. It freezes great! sever with naan or rice. https://pinchofyum.com/easy-homemade-yellow-curry-paste
Dinner recipes to cook fresh
These require minimal attention but I’d probably still make this earlier in the day….. anything can happen at 5pm.
Salads that will last a week in fridge. I learnt basically replace salad leaves with red cabbage and cucumber with celery.
Breakfast on the run
- Best bircher muesli recipe I’ve found http://mylittlegourmet.com/breakfast/bircher-muesli/
Instead of cake at 3pm
This gets me through the dinner/ bed dramas in a way better mood. https://www.bakerita.com/chocolate-peanut-butter-smoothie-bowl/