So here goes ….I’m going do the #100dayproject. I listened to this podcast and then read this article and its time to give it a go!
You have to commit to creating something everyday for 100 days. My project is ‘crafting with a toddler’ The plan is to minimise purchasing materials by using up the giant box of craft stuff I have been “saving” for 3 years. Follow me on instagram.com/almondberry_
This project was a collaboration between the Commonwealth walkway project, City of Fremantle local history and Fremantle Story. This trail required substantial research compared to previous trails I have developed for Fremantle Story. The biggest challenge was finding a way to make visiting namesake streets and buildings more engaging while telling the story of Fremantles connection to the monarchy.
I think we did a pretty amazing job since the City of Fremantle had the Mayor plugging the trail in the lead up to Megan and Harrys Wedding! See for yourself at www.fremantlestory.com.au/explore
Image credit: Fremantle Ports.
When we built our house there were a few pieces of vintage furniture from my grandparents house I wanted showcase in our home. This radiogram was a feature in my grandparents lounge room and I loved it. We were also considering purchasing art but I loved the idea of having record covers on display.
After extensive pinterest research we discovered Ikea shoe storage boxes are perfect storing records and Ikea frames were the perfect size for record covers! We had a large plain wall above the stairs but to create a record space there was much harder than you would think. We moved lights, added a powerpoint, mounted the storage boxes and had difficult access to hang the frames! I’m really happy with how it turned out, what would have been a dead space in our house feels like another room.
It was a quandary to source and decide what covers should go in the frames. I picked up these records for $2 each to get the project rolling. I’m still rummaging in record bins to find new gems….. I think it might turn into a changing feature wall.
I love working in a freelance capacity with graphic design house Flametree Creative on digital strategies for their clients. Recent projects include:
- Developing a direct marketing campaign strategy for a client with a large database that was under utilised.
- Developing an overarching plan for social media channels and providing training for the client to implement in house.
- Campaign strategy for the launch of a new service.
For more information about my skills view my service directory or contact me to discuss.
I wanted to create a girlie room but not your usual one covered in pink. It needed a statement wall that wouldn’t be too hard to change when she develops her own interests so I created a secret garden using fake flowers instead of bunting.
I gave an existing bookcase a facelift using contact to create a multi functional ‘doll house’ for toy and book storage. The shelves are large enough to accomodate different sized items since the types of toys she uses will evolve over the next few years. There’s all so a snuggly spot for reading stories that will eventually be her toddler bed.
I have been working with this fantastic community group that runs an extensive gardening and community connection program….. off the back of a group of very passionate volunteers! I analysed their current funding and looked for areas to optimise income and presented a report with recommendations.
Find out more about Hilton Harvest community garden
I made this when Jack was 18mths old and I saw other people had play kitchens in their homes. I didn’t want to commit to having extra furniture cluttering up the space so I created this cover for our dining table chairs. It was sewn out of leftover fabric so it’s washable and is stored in a kitchen drawer.
I didn’t want to have a whole collection of kid size kitchen things so I made slots to fit our kitchen utensils. When he’s “cooking” he uses real pots and food from the fridge this means any food that’s past its prime gets used for Jacks cooking before it goes in the bin.
It is working better than I expected. Recently we needed to include his ikea stool to the kitchen set up so he could have some “bench space” for his food preparations. Next step is to get him making stuff we want to eat!